Carrots are nutritional heroes, they store a goldmine of nutrients. No other vegetable or fruit contains as much carotene as carrots, which the body converts to vitamin A. This is a truly versatile vegetable and an excellent source of vitamins B and C as well as calcium pectate, an extraordinary pectin fibre that has been found to have cholesterol-lowering properties. The carrot is an herbaceous plant containing about 87% water, rich in mineral salts and vitamins (B,C,D,E). Carrots are an excellent source of vitamin A, a good source of potassium, and contain vitamins C & B6, copper, folic acid,thiamine and Magnesium.
The high level of beta-carotene is very important and gives carrots their distinctive orange colour. Carrots also contain, in smaller amounts, essential oils, Carbohydrates and nitrogenous composites. They are well-known for their sweetening, antianaemic, healing, diuretic, remineralizing and sedative properties. Drink raw juice to promote your overall health and improve your quality of living.
Nutritional Values of Fresh and Cooked Carrot:
Serving Size: 1/2 cup chopped
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||13,418 IU|
|Vitamin B6||<1 mg|
Top 15 Health Benefits of Carrots:
- Weight Management: Baby carrots are low in calories, making them a healthy choice when watching your calorie intake for weight management. In addition, as a ready-to-go food, the baby carrot also makes a convenient snack or meal accompaniment. Because baby carrots vary in size, the serving size is based on a standard weight of 85 g. One standard serving of baby carrots contains 30 calories.
- Reduce The Risk of Stroke: According to research from Harvard University, people who ate more than six carrots a week are much less likely to suffer a stroke than those who ate only one carrot a month or more.
- Prevention of Diabetes: Carrots help in reducing blood sugar levels by inversely affecting insulin resistance. The carotenoids present in carrot juice are useful for the regulation of sugar levels.
- Power house of nutrients: Carrots are endowed with some most qualifying Carbohydrates-fats-and-vitamins/”>health nutrients like proteins, fats, Carbohydrates, calcium, iron and a number of vitamins like vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin C and vitamin K. apart from these, one may also find other useful ingredients like fiber, potassium, biotin, niacin, riboflavin and thiamine.
- ARMD: Beta-carotene also greatly assists to prevent development of macular degeneration and senile cataracts with emergence of old age.
- Blood pressure: Carrots are also eligible to maintain an appropriate level of cholesterol in human body and also, keeping blood pressure at a desirable level. Thus, you may bring goodness to your heart by eating carrots on regular basis.
- Dental Health: Carrots can even help clean your teeth, and is the best way to keep your mouth clean after meals. They act as natural abrasives, help in eliminate the sticky dirt from the teeth and stimulate gums. They also trigger a lot of saliva, which helps to scrub away stains on your teeth. Minerals in carrots helps to kill germs in the mouth and prevent tooth damage.
- Cancer Prevention: Studies have shown carrots reduce the risk of Bone cancer,lung cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer. Researchers have just discovered falcarinol and falcarindiol which they feel cause the anticancer properties. Falcarinol is a natural pesticide produced by the carrot that protects its roots from fungal diseases. Carrots are one of the only common sources of this compound. A study showed 1/3 lower cancer risk by carrot-eating mice.
- Sexual disorders: The carrots are helpful in providing treatments for a number of sexual disorders like impotency and erectile dysfunction. Thus, the people suffering from low sexual drive must consume carrots on regular basis to add a refreshing change to the ultimate pleasure of life.
- Nourish Skin: Carrot has a strong cleansing properties that are effective in detoxifying the liver, so that the overall effective for acne that is caused by toxins from the blood. Carrot is also useful for treating uneven skin tones because of pigmentation. The vitamin A and other nutrients contain in carrot efficiently nourish the skin, prevent dry skin and other skin blemishes.
- Anti-aging: Carrots contain a lot of beta-carotene, which serves as an antioxidant that helps the body to fight the cell damage done to the body with dirt in the bloodstream and even oxygen. It also help slows down the aging of cells and various negative effect associated with aging.
- Diarrhea: Carrots and their juice is considered as a proven home remedy for treating diarrhea. It helps to kill the bacterial infection responsible for this unpleasant condition.
- A Powerful Antiseptic: Carrots are known by herbalists to prevent infection. They can be used on cuts – shredded raw or boiled and mashed.
- Natural Vitamins: Carrot juice is a rich source of natural vitamins and other nutrients. It contains some of the finest nourishment ingredients, like beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin that are very essential for the proper functioning of the optic system. They particularly help in the prevention of cataracts, astigmatism and macular degeneration. Carrot juice also helps to increase the quantity and quality of the mother’s breast milk.
- Improve Vision: The retina of the eye needs vitamin A to function, lack of vitamin A causes night blindness. Carrots are rich in beta-carotene, a substance which converted into vitamin A in the liver. In the retina, vitamin A is transformed into rhodopsin, a purple pigment that necessary for night vision. In addition, beta-carotene help protect against macular degeneration and the development of senile cataracts. A study found that people who eat most Beta-carotene had 40 percent lower risk of macular degeneration than those who consumed little.